Thursday 10 May 2012

Ok, so blogging is a blast!

I was sitting here today trying my best to figure out how to customize my blog to best suit my audience. I quickly realized that you have to have a minor in computer tech and a major in graphic design to do that, both of which I don't have. I hope you like the change, I do.


I have been a little lax in my pinning lately and thought I'd focus on my blog instead. I have a few photos to show you. I'm in the "let re-decorate mode" so tell me what you think......

My gazebo

This is my gazebo in my backyard. We have roll down bamboo shades to have some privacy but I was thinking of getting some heavy sailcloth type material to make some curtains to give it a more homey feeling. I also discovered that a painted deck is a nightmare!! Does anyone out there have any ideas of how to keep from repainting a deck every year? We have ultra durable oil based exterior paint on it at the moment and it still chips and peels because of our Canadian winters.

via Pinterest

The above photo is almost identical in layout as my bedroom. At the moment my room is a manilla yellow colour with pale robin's egg accents. I was thinking of repainting the walls this colour because my furniture is dark too. I love that the night tables don't match. 

And finally, we are going up to the cottage on Friday for the first time since Christmas. We've done a lot of renovating (it's from the 40s) and have decided to paint a bedroom At the moment almost the whole cottage is knotty pine. It's beautiful but a little claustrophic when you're in a tiny 10 x 10 bedroom. I've found some great examples of what it could look like if we painted it white and here's one of them. Here's hoping it turns out like this!


Here's option No.!





via Pinterest



or Option No.2!!



via Pinterest







No comments:

Post a Comment